I was trying to find a mother’s day present that I could help my boys make that my wife would really like. We are running out of space for all of the art projects my kids create at home and at school, so I figured helping them make something she could use would be great! My wife and I made sugar scrub for her sister’s baby shower favors, and she really loved using all of the leftover, which is now gone. So, when I saw this, I knew she would love it, and my kids would be able to do almost all of the work to get it done! I found these instructions on TheIdeaRoom.net, and here is what they say about the process:
Here is what you will need:
- Almond Oil or Coconut Oil (or oil of your choice)
- White Granulated Sugar
- Shredded Bar of Soap
- An Essential Oil (I used DoTerra’s Citrus Bliss)
- Mixing Bowl
- Microwave and possibly a double boiler
- A mold or a scoop
Sugar Scrub Cubes:
1/4 cup Almond Oil
1/2 cup Shredded Soap
3-4 drops of Essential Oil
1 cup Sugar
1. Pour the oil into a bowl and add the shredded soap of your choice. Microwave this on high for 10 second intervals stirring in between each. If this does not work to slowly melt your soap into your oil you may have to melt the soap shaving in a double boiler. (If you don’t have a double boiler like me, simply place a small bowl over a saucepan filled with boiling water).
2. When the mixture is melted and and stirred together, add several drops of your Essential Oil.
3. Get your mold ready to go before adding the sugar. This is important because once the sugar is added the scrub will harden VERY quickly.
4. Pour in sugar and stir quickly. Take mixture and place it into your molds with your fingers. Or…if you don’t have a mold you can take a scoop and make rounded sugar “cubes”.
5. Let cubes harden by popping them into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Then pop them out of the mold and cut them into fourths depending on the size you would like them to be.