I absolutely love rich desserts! This one caught my eye because it is so simple and doesn’t use any refined sugar. I can whip this up in a few minutes and voila dessert is served! In my typical fashion I’ve made modifications….the original recipe called for heavy whipping cream but I don’t do much dairy so I swapped that out for coconut cream. This one is a winner!
Recipe modified from Fit, Fun & Delish (visit for the original recipe)
Strawberries & “Cream”
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (or any of your favorite berries really)
- 7.5 teaspoons natural sweetener such as Truvia or Stevia, divided. (you can also try using honey or agave nectar if you prefer)
- 1 cup coconut cream (I put 2 cans of full fat coconut milk in the fridge and just skim the cream off the top and save the liquid for smoothies)
- In a food processor, puree 2.5 cups strawberries and 4.5 teaspoons of Truvia or Stevia until smooth.
- Strain the puree through a fine colander and discard the seeds. Chill the puree until cold.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the coconut cream.
- Add the remaining 3 teaspoon of Truvia (or 2 Tbsp sugar) and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the puree into the coconut cream until mixed but streaks of white and puree are still visible.
- Transfer to serving cups and chill until ready to eat. Garnish with fresh strawberries before serving.