Oh how I absolutely love the flavors of summer. Although berries probably top my list, peaches certainly come in a close second. Peak season is here (or darn close anyway). I’m always looking for ways to savor my husband’s most favorite fruit. I love a good peach cobbler or peach banana smoothie however this recipe sounds like it would make a divine breakfast treat! I have a few alterations I’ll be making, please see them in parenthesis below.
For full recipe and instructions please visit Cookie Monster Cooking!
Peach Pecan Coconut Oatmeal
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk (I’ll be using coconut or almond milk in place of cows milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (I’m going to try a little coconut oil instead)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (my sweetener of choice will be honey or pure maple syrup instead of brown sugar)
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 peaches, diced
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut