This will be my husband’s second Father’s Day. It’s such a fun holiday to celebrate. He’s an amazing father and I love doing something special to celebrate him. Last year we got him a hand crafted leather football which he absolutely adores….so much so that he has it on display and won’t even throw it, lol! This year I thought it would be fun to make something. He’s a fantastic cook and an even better grill master. This DIY BBQ rub seems like a perfect gift!
Big Batch Barbecue Rub (found on Real Simple)
Makes 1 1/3 cups
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- Combine the ingredients and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- Instructions to include with your gift: Up to 2 hours before cooking, coat 2 pounds of chicken, beef, pork, or seafood with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 2 to 4 tablespoons of the rub. Cook as desired.