Nothing better than a cool treat on a hot summer afternoon. Oh how I love homemade ice cream but it’s no secret that traditional ice cream is just too unhealthy and typically full of sugar. I love this recipe as it cuts out the dairy and substitutes the refined sugar with maple syrup. And quite honestly the coconut lime combination sounds absolutely divine!
Coconut Lime Ice Cream (courtesy of GI 365)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup maple syrup, Grade A
- ½ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (5 limes)
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- ¼ cup water
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. For either appliance, scrape down the sides a couple of times for a smooth texture.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to your machine’s instructions. The ice cream is finished when you can scoop some out and it stays on the spoon without sliding off right away (about 20 minutes).
- Serve immediately or freeze for a firmer texture.