Ahh the BLT, one of humankind’s greatest inventions! This is a (almost) guilt free way to take the BLT to the appetizer plate. I would love to have these anytime, but would be particularly pleased if these were served at father’s day this year! I found the photo below that sparked my interest in making something like this from Greatist.com. They also have a nice list of other guilt free snacks for dudes.
These could be very simple to make, and you could do these in a lot of different ways. Here is the way I would make them.
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the cherry tomatoes so they can stand up, and so you can fill them
- Using a pairing knife, hollow out one side of the inside of the tomato from the top.
- Ad a small amount of mayonnaise mixed with salt and pepper
- Put in a piece of very crispy bacon, and a leaf or two of arugula
- Place on a thinly sliced mini baguette, and hold it in place with a toothpick.